Machine Learning-Based Approach for Cardiovascular Disease Detection and Classification
Mahammadi Nigar Shaik
PG Scholar, Dept. of ECE, Gokula Krishna College of Engineering, Sullurpet
Associate Professor, Dept. of ECE, Gokula Krishna College of Engineering, Sullurpet
Cardiovascular disease (CVD) remains the primary cause of mortality worldwide and continues to exhibit an alarming upward trend. Detecting CVD efficiently and accurately in large populations has become an urgent necessity. The proposed framework aims to detect and classify five major cardiovascular disorders in the heart, including Heart Attack, Heart Failure, Heart Valve disease, pericardial disease, and vascular disease (Blood Vessel Disease). Developed within the Matlab environment, the system will undergo comprehensive simulation to ensure its effectiveness. To evaluate the system’s performance, a two-pronged approach will be employed: psycho-visual and parametric analysis. Through psycho-visual analysis, human experts will visually assess the system’s outputs, offering qualitative insights into its accuracy and reliability. Meanwhile, parametric analysis will utilize objective metrics to quantitatively measure the system’s efficiency in detecting and categorizing the cardiovascular conditions. The successful implementation of this proposed system holds promise for early and precise identification of cardiovascular disorders, facilitating timely medical interventions and improving patient outcomes. By incorporating both subjective and objective evaluations, this research seeks to develop a robust and efficient tool for cardiovascular disease screening, ultimately contributing to enhanced healthcare and reduced disease burden.
Keywords: Cardiovascular Disease, Disease Screening, Healthcare, Parametric analysis, Psycho-visual analysis.
- H. Organization, Cardiovascular Diseases. 2020.
- Ali, L. Gurbeta, and A. Badnjevi, “Machine learning techniques for classification of diabetes and cardiovascular diseases,” in 2017 6th Mediterranean Conference on Embedded Computing (MECO), 2017, pp. 14.
- Mezzatesta, C. Torino, P. De Meo, G. Fiumara, and A. Vilasi, “A machine learning-based approach for predicting the outbreak of cardiovascular diseases in patients on dialysis,” Computing Methods Programs Biomed., vol. 177, pp. 915, 2019.
- H. Miao, J. H. Miao, and G. J. Miao, “Diagnosing coronary heart disease using ensemble machine learning,” Int J Adv Comput Sci Appl., 2016.
- Wang et al., “Detecting cardiovascular disease from mammograms with deep learning,” IEEE Trans. Med. Imaging, vol. 36, no. 5, pp. 1172-1181, 2017.
- M. Alaa, T. Bolton, E. Di Angelantonio, J. H. Rudd, and M. van der Schaar, “Cardiovascular disease risk prediction using automated machine learning: A prospective study of 423, 604 UK Biobank participants,” PloS One, vol. 14, no. 5, p. e0213653, 2019.
- Krittanawong, H. Zhang, Z. Wang, M. Aydar, and T. Kitai, “Artificial intelligence in precision cardiovascular medicine,” J. Am. Coll. Cardiol., vol. 69, no. 21, pp. 26572664, 2017.
- S. Amin, Y. K. Chiam, and K. D. Varathan, “Identification of significant features and data mining techniques in predicting heart disease,” Telemat. Inform., vol. 36, pp. 8293, 2019.
- J. P. Princy, S. Parthasarathy, P. S. H. Jose, A. R. Lakshminarayanan, and S. Jeganathan, “Prediction of Cardiac Disease using Supervised Machine Learning Algorithms,” in 2020 4th International Conference on Intelligent Computing and Control Systems (ICICCS), 2020, pp. 570575.
- KAGGEL, Cardiovascular Disease dataset. 2020.
- Bashir, Z. S. Khan, F. H. Khan, A. Anjum, and K. Bashir, “Improving Heart Disease Prediction Using Feature Selection Approaches,” in 2019 16th International Bhurban Conference on Applied Sciences and Technology (IBCAST), 2019, pp. 619623. doi: 10.1109/IBCAST.2019.8667106.
- A. Sabab, M. A. R. Munshi, A. I. Pritom, and others, “Cardiovascular disease prognosis using effective classification and feature selection technique,” in 2016 International Conference on Medical Engineering, Health Informatics and Technology (MediTec), 2016, pp. 16.
- Biau et al., “Performances Analysis of Heart Disease Dataset using Different Data Mining Classifications,” Test, vol. 8, no. 6, pp. 2677 2682.
- Khemphila and V. Boonjing, “Heart disease classification using neural network and feature selection,” in 2011 21st International Conference on Systems Engineering, 2011, pp. 406409.