A Case Study of Amul: Implementation of Extension Strategy to Repositioning Brand During Covid-19 Period
*Dr. A. B. Mishra
“Ms. Anmol Goel
“Ms. Pooja Jajoo
*Associate Professor, International Institute of Management Studies, Pune
“Student, International Institute of Management Studies, Pune
Abstract: During lockdown and consequent pandemic, many organizations reduced their production, and few shut their operations. Some organizations continued their regular production. Apart from Pharma, very few organizations raised their production and raised their sales. Amul, a dairy products company is the one which in addition to raising production and sales, established an emotional and social connection with their clients. The advantage of essential commodity category and milk production aided its success during the pandemic. In this paper, the marketing strategy of Amul is review as backbone of their success being the advertising strategy.
Keywords: advertising, Amul, business during pandemic, social media advertising.
- Mamidi, Radhika, “Context and humor – Understanding Amul advertisements,” Presentation at LAFAL Linguistic Approaches to Funniness, Amusement and Laughter, 1st International Symposium, Lodz, Poland, 2010.
- Kathpalia, Sujata S and Kenneth Keng Wee Ong, “The use of code-mixing in Indian billboard advertising,” World Englishes, vol. 34, no.4, pp.557-575, 2015.
- Dynel, M., “Blending the incongruity-resolution model and the conceptual integration theory: The case of blends in pictorial advertising,” International Review of Pragmatics, vol. 3, pp.59-83, 2011.
- Dwi Nugroho, Aylanda, “The Generic Structure of Print Advertisement of Elizabeth Arden’s INTERVENE,” A Multimodal Discourse Analysis, vol. 11, no.1, pp.70-84, 2009.
- Dynel, M., “Wittiness in the visual rhetoric of advertising,” Ewa Wałaszewska, Marta Kisielewska-Krysiuk, Aniela Korzeniowska, Malgorzata Grzegorzewska (eds.) Relevant Worlds: Current Perspectives on Language, Translation and Relevance Theory, pp.48-66, 2008.
- Dynel, M., “Add humor to your ad: Humor in advertising slogans,” Advances in Discourse Approaches, pp.201-225, 2009.
- Gupta, Renu, “Bilingual advertising in a multilingual country,” Language in India, vol. 7, pp.8-9, 2007.
- Van Mulken, Margot, Renske van Enschot-van Dijk, and Hans Hoeken, “Puns, relevance and appreciation in advertisements,” Journal of Pragmatics, vol. 37, pp.707-721, 2005.
- Amul Twitter Handle @Amul_coop
- Chang, Wan Yu and I Ying Chang, “The Influences of Humorous Advertising on Brand Popularity and Advertising Effects in the Tourism Industry,” Sustainability, vol. 6, pp.9205-9217, 2014. doi:10.3390/su6129205