Crosstalk Analysis of On-chip VLSI Interconnects
#Y. Mallikarjuna Rao
*SVR Engineering college, Nandyal, Andhra Pradesh-518501, India
“Rajeev Gandhi Memorial College of Engineering and Technology, Nandyal, India
#Santhiram Engineering College, Nandyal, Andhra Pradesh-518501, India
Abstract: In this paper dynamic crosstalk is analyzed for coupled on-chip VLSI interconnects in different conditions. The proposed work has taken the MOS transistor analytical expressions. In this work, calculated the transition delays and different timings of the interconnect aggressor and interconnect victim drivers for in-phase switching and out-of-phase switching. All the calculated results are compared with simulations in SPICE. The average error in the transmission delay using SPICE is 2.02 and 3.274% for the interconnect aggressor and interconnect victim buffers for in phase switching, respectively. The average errors in the same are 2.3 and 1.87% for out phase switching event.
Keywords: CMOS inverter, Crosstalk, Interconnect, Power dissipation
- C. Venkataiah, N. Ramanjaneyulu, Y. Mallikarjuna Rao, V. N. V. Satya Prakash, M. K. Linga Murthy, N. Sreenivasa Rao, “Design and performance analysis of buffer inserted on‑chip global nano interconnects in VDSM technologies,” Nanotechnology for Environmental Engineering, May 2022. https://doi.org/10.1007/s41204-022-00249-x
- V. Sulochana , C. Venkataiah , Sunil Agrawal & Balwinder Singh, “Novel Circuit Model of Multi-walled CNT Bundle Interconnects Using Multi-valued Ternary Logic,” IETE Journal of Research, Dec 2020. https://doi.org/10.1080/03772063.2020.1864235
- C.Venkataiah, V.N.V. Satya Prakash, K. Mallikarjuna and T. Jayachandra Prasad, “Investigating the effect of chirality, oxide thickness, temperature and channel length variation on a threshold voltage of MOSFET, GNRFET, and CNTFET,” Journal of mechanics of continua and mathematical sciences, pp.232-244, Sep 2019. https://doi.org/10.26782/jmcms.spl.3/2019.09.00018.
- Vijay Rao Kumbhare, Punya Prasanna Paltani, C. Venkataiah, and Manoj Kumar Majumder, “Analytical Study of Bundled MWCNT and Edged-MLGNR Interconnects: Impact on Propagation Delay and Area,” IEEE Transactions on Nanotechnology, vol. 18, pp.606-610, Jun 2019. https://doi.org/10.1109/TNANO.2019.2920679.
- C.Venkataiah, K. Satyaprasad, T. Jayachandra Prasad, “Insertion of optimal number of repeaters in pipelined nano interconnects for transient delay minimization,” Circuit systems and signal processing, Feb 2019. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00034-018-0876-7
- C.Venkataiah, K. Satyaprasad, T. Jayachandra Prasad, “FDTD algorithm to achieve absolute stability in performance analysis of SWCNT interconnects,” Journal of computational electronics, Jun 2018. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10825-017-1125-1
- Manjula jayamma, Rama subbaiah boya, “Design of high performance repeater for high speed VLSI interconnects,” Journal of advancement in communication systems, vo. 5, issue 3, pp.1-8, Dec 2022. https://doi.org/10.5281/zenodo.7385580
- Manjula jayamma, Rama subbaiah boya “Design of different interconnect circuit techniques for future interconnects,” Journal of optoelectronics and communication, vol. 4, issue 3, pp.1-8, Nov 2022. https://doi.org/10.5281/zenodo.7375373
- C.Venkataiah, K. Satyaprasad, T. Jayachandra Prasad, “Crosstalk induced performance analysis of single walled carbon nanotube interconnects using stable finite difference time domain model,” Journal of nanoelectronics and optoelectronics, vol. 12, pp.1-10, Jun 2018. https://doi.org/10.1166/jno.2017.2300
- C.Venkataiah, K. Satyaprasad, T. Jayachandra Prasad, “Signal integrity analysis for coupled SWCNT interconnects using stable recursive algorithm,” Microelectronics Journal, vol. 74, pp.13-23, Apr 2018. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.mejo.2018.01.012
- C.V.S. Reddy, C.Venkataiah, V.R.Kumar, S.Maheswaram, N. Jains, S.D. Gupta and S.K. Manhas, “Design and simulation of CNT based nano-transistor for greenhouse gas detection,” Journal of nanoelectronics and optoelectronics, vol. 12, pp.1-9, Apr 2018. https://doi.org/10.1166/jno.2017.2133
- C.Venkataiah, K. Satyaprasad, T. Jayachandra Prasad, “Impact of Supply and Threshold Voltage Scaling on Performance of Cu and CNT Interconnects,” International Journal of Pure and Applied Mathematics, vol. 118, no. 5, pp.117-126, Jul 2018.
- C.Venkataiah, K. Satyaprasad, T. Jayachandra Prasad, “Effect of line parasitic variations on delay and energy of global on-chip VLSI Interconnects in DSM technology,” International conference on Micro-electronics, Electromagnetics and Telecommunications (ICMEET), Lecture Notes in Electrical Engineering, pp.221-228, Jul 2018. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-981-10-4280-5_23.
- Manjula Jayamma, N. Ramanjaneyulu, Rama subbaiah boya, Y. Mallikarjuna rao, “Performance analysis of interconnect circuit techniques for high-speed VLSI interconnects” International Journal of Advanced Research in Computer and Communication Engineering, vol. 11, issue 12, Dec 2022. https://doi.org/10.17148/ijarcce.2022.111202
- Manjula jayamma, Y. Mallikarjuna rao, Rama subbaiah boya, N. Ramanjaneyulu, “Performance analysis of repeater insertion technique for future VLSI interconnects,” International Journal of Advanced Research in Computer and Communication Engineering, vol. 11, issue 12, Dec 2022. https://doi.org/10.17148/ijarcce.2022.111203
- C.Venkataiah, K. Satyaprasad, T. Jayachandra Prasad, “Effect of Interconnect parasitic variations on circuit performance parameters,” IEEE International conference on communication and electronics systems(ICCES), Coimbatore, India, pp.289-292, Oct 2016, 978-1-5090-1066-0/16/$31.00 ©2016 IEEE
- Naru Venkata Mahidhar Reddy, C. Venkataiah, “Performance Analysis of a Low-Power High Speed Hybrid Full Adder Circuit,” International Journal of VLSI Designs and Communication systems, vol. 109, no. 4, Sep 2016.
- C. Venkataiah, M. Tejaswi, “A Comparative Study of Interconnect Circuit Techniques for Energy Efficient on-Chip Interconnects,” International Journal of Computer Applications, vol. 109, no. 4, Jan 2015.
- C. Venkataiah, V. N. V. Satya Prakash, V.Neeraja, “Performance Analysis of Boostable Repeater in Different VLSI Interconnects and Applications,” International Journal of Advanced Research in Computer and Communication Engineering, vol. 3, Issue 11, Nov 2014.
- C.Venkataiah, C.Vijaya Bharathi, M.Narasimhulu, “Power Efficient Weighted Modulo 2n+1 Adder,” International Journal of Computer & Organization Trends, vol. 3, Issue 11, Dec 2013.
- K.Venkata Siva Reddy, C.Venkataiah, “Design of Adder in Multiple Logic Styles for Low Power VLSI,” International Journal of Computer Trends and Technolgy, vol. 3, issue 3, Jun 2012.
- Salendra Govindarajulu, C.Venkataiah, K.Mallikarjuna, G.Himabindu, C.Snehitha, “Design of energy-efficient, high-performance CMOS flip-flops in 65 and 120 nm technology,” International Journal of Advances in Science and Technology, vol. 2, no.3, Mar 2011.